Land and Sea Aquaculture Tour
From the Basque Whaling of the 16th century to today's aquaculture industry, the Lower North Shore of Quebec and Labrador Straits continue to progress into the 21st century!
This tour is hosted by our partners, Aqua Labadie, and offers a dynamic, hands-on experience in scallop farming. Located in Salmon Bay, Quebec, the operators continue to build their aquaculture business and offer a friendly and knowledgeable back stage pass into their experiences in the industry. Tours are available in both english and french languages.
Season: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday- June 15th to September 5th.
Option 1: Without Seafood Boilup (approximately 3 hours)
CAD $70/adult, $55/child under 12 + HST
Option 2: With Seafood Boilup (approximately 4 hours)
CAD $130/adult, $100/child under 12 + HST
The demonstration warehouse boasts informative panels and a touch tank with live scallops and other species. The The 22' pontoon (party boat), Aqua Freedom, offers a comfortable cruise to the processing barge where you will observe and learn about the growing and processing of the scallops. The experience can't end without samplings of scallops paired with wine for a delightful tasting experience (and photo op!)
Toilet facilities and ample parking for all size vehicles are available on the site.
This three-hour tour includes:
- Land tour including warehouse and holding tanks
- Learn to shuck a scallop and about the methods of scallop farming
- Boat tour in the picturesque bay, where the scallops are grown
- Observe on the sea how the scallops are suspended in the water for growth
- Should you choose our Seafood Boil Up option you will be treated to a mouth-watering taste of two scallops (1 live and 1 cooked) with wine
What You Need
- On cool days, warm clothing is recommended. Be prepared with long pants, sweaters, snug fitting hat and warm footwear.
- Rain jackets and rain pants are also recommended. Tours go despite the rain.
- Do not wear open-toed shoes or sandals.
- insect repellent & sunscreen.
Terms & Policies
This tour operates on 4 person minimum / 12 person maximum basis.
Bookings must be made 48 hours in advance. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required upon booking.
Extra tours may be added to accomodate groups, private charters and other tour demands. Please Contact us for more details.>
Tours go despite the rain, however, the tour on the water could be cancelled due to high winds.